Get Organized - Linen Closet



As part of my mission to get more organized, I have decided that the husband and I will try to complete one organization/design project per week.  Most of my inspiration came from this blog.  She has great tips for organizing different spaces and really left me feeling motivated and inspired.  I have a list of projects that I would like to complete this year and one thing it can't be described as, is "short".  Thankfully, now that my wedding is over, I finally have the time (and some extra cash) to complete these projects.  I'm hoping that, by the end of 2013, I can finally feel good about inviting people over to my house.

Project 1: Linen Closet

As you can see from the below picture, my linen closet leaves a lot to be desired.

Linen Closet - Before

Top of Closet

Bottom of Closet
Due to space constraints, I had a hard time taking a good picture (the linen close is in the hall, so the angles didn't cooperate.  Anyways, you can tell that it's messy, unorganized, and small.  Now, I might not be able to fix the "small" part of it, but I can make it more organized.  The first step to accomplishing this new-found organization is purchasing a closet organizer.  We're going to use the organizer to hold the toilet paper and paper towels you can see in our "Before" picture.  I purchased the shelves and bins from Target for $19.99.  The canvas bins were sold 2 for $11.98.

Step 1 - Empty closet and clean all surfaces.  If I'm reorganizing it, then I guess it only makes sense to make sure my newly-organized space is also clean, right?

Step 2 - Assemble said closet organizer (or, in my case - have husband assemble it).

Step 3 - Refold towels.  I also decided to refold all of the towels that will make them less messy-looking and, for the sake of looking "cleaner".

Here is the finished product:

Linen Closet - After

Top of Closet - After


Bottom of Closet - After

Comments

Popular Posts