7 Days of Juicing - The Results

Because I haven't been using any innovative recipes in the last few days, I decided not to post about days 5 and 6.  I have still been juicing for two meals (breakfast and lunch) and then eating a normal, but still healthy, meal for dinner.  I find this routine much easier than all day juicing.  During the first three days of my juice cleanse (where I was ONLY drinking juice), I found that all of my thoughts (and dreams, oddly enough) revolved around food.  It really took over my life.  When I incorporated food back into the mix, it really made the juicing much more manageable.

I think the question on everyone's mind is - did the weight stay off after I started eating again?  Yes, it has... I'm still down 5 or 6 pounds, but I also have not started eating full meals.  I think that, as long as I go back to a balanced diet, I won't have a problem with ballooning up after I start eating full meals.  Again, though, the juices are also supposed to provide vitamins and nutrients and I hope to continue to at least drink a glass a day to sustain the benefits.  The ultimate test will be when my company has their annual health screening (which should be sometime in the next month or so).  I would like to be able to compare my results to last year to see if these vitamins and nutrients make a difference in my test results.

One positive thing I will say about juicing (I guess besides the quick weight loss factor), is that my skin looks clearer and feels smoother since I started drinking the juice.  So I guess there's at least one potential benefit.

Comments

  1. This is has been a great read. My husband and I have been planning to do a juice cleanse. I have been reading through different blogs and sites to find recipes and how people managed to make it work. I have written down all of your recipes and will plan to do it soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts