Get Organized - Bathroom Vanity

Project 2:  Bathroom Vanity

My bathroom vanity is the epitome of messy/disgusting.  My husband's and my stuff is piled high and in no particular order.  It's embarrassing and I can only hope that none of our many past house guests have had any reason to open the cabinet doors to see this monstrosity: 



So, again, the first step was to empty the cabinets and clean everything out.  This area definitely has not been cleaned out since we moved into the house 1.5 years ago.


Next, I purchased some bins from Target to help organize everything in the cabinet.

After emptying everything out of our two vanities and medicine cabinet, I placed less-used items into plastic bins, threw away expired medicines, and then brought some order to life.

I placed hair ties and barrettes into plastic Ziploc containers
Here is the finished result:

Before
After
Vanity drawers:

Before

After
Before

After
Large drawer attached to vanity:

Before

After
We also have a vanity hanging above the toilet, so I reorganized that, as well.  I purchased two glass jars to store cotton balls and Q-Tips.  This will not only allow me to place those bulky items in a storage bin, but the glass jars also look very nice on display.

Before
After


And then there was also the medicine cabinet:

Before

After





Comments

Popular Posts