3 Day Juice Cleanse - Day 2

Learnings from day 1 of my cleanse:
  1. Watching TV is difficult.  There are more food commercials than you realize prior to the juice cleanse and, no matter what is being advertised (pizza, buffalo wings, dirt - okay, maybe not dirt, but you get the picture), it looks much tastier than your green juice concoction.
  2. Pinterest is full of delicious looking recipes that I want to make and eat immediately.
  3. Walking into your kitchen is hard.  Period.
But, if I can make it through day 1, then I can make it through day 2, right?  

Here's something you should know if you do this with someone else - at the beginning of day 2, my husband weighed himself and says "Hey babe!  I already lost 5 pounds!" to which I, obviously got very excited and ran to the scale.... only a 1 pound weight loss for me.  Very disappointing considering he is down 5 pounds.  I understand that he weighs a bit more than I do, so it's not equivalent, but it still doesn't seem fair.

Now for the juice recipes:

Breakfast Juice
3.5 Carrots
1 Apple
1 Pear
1/2 Container Strawberries
1/2 Container Blueberries

Fruit we used for 2 juices
Fruit after being washed and cut
Juice!
This juice was absolutely delicious and was full of antioxidants from the blueberries and lots of vitamins.  Fruit juices are, obviously, going to be much tastier than any "green" juice you can make, but it was really amazing.  I would love to drink this even if I wasn't on a juice cleanse.  Yum!

Lunch Juice
1 Green Apple
1 Pear
2 C Spinach (about 3 handfuls)
6 Kale Leaves
1/2 Cucumber
4 Celery Stalks
1/2 Lemon

Fruits and Vegetables for 2 juices



This juice tasted very similar to the Mean Green juice from yesterday.  It was slightly more nutritious since it contains spinach and tasted a little fruitier than the Mean Green.

Dinner Juice - The Mean Green Juice
6 Kales Leaves
2 Green Apples
1 Cucumber
4 Celery Stalks
1/2 Lemon
Ginger (1-inch)

Yesterday, my husband and I felt pretty hungry a few hours after our dinner juice, so we decided today that we would make a snack/dessert fruit juice to drink a couple hours after dinner.  Here is what it contained:

Snack/Dinner Juice
1/2 Mango
1/2 Kiwi
1 Banana
1 1/2 Oranges
3 Carrots
1 Pear

Fruit for two servings of juice

To-Go Juice


The pictures are for two drinks (we made both of our juices at the same time).  Again, this juice was so delicious.  If only all juices tasted like this...

Comments

Popular Posts