3 Day Juice Cleanse - Day 3

As always, my husband and I started our day off with a weigh-in.  I was down about 4 pounds and he was down 10 pounds.  That's right.  TEN POUNDS.  Ridiculous, right?  It was this rapid weight loss that actually convinced us to change our cleanse from 10 to 3 days.  It didn't seem healthy to lose so much weight in such a short period of time, especially since neither of us can be categorized as "overweight".  So, instead, we decided that we will use the juice as a meal supplement after day 3.  Seems safer and healthier.

I keep telling myself that a juice cleanse isn't supposed to be easy.  If it was, then everyone would do one.  This is hard, though.  I've never craved a cheeseburger more in my entire life.  This would definitely be much harder if I was doing it by myself.  Thank goodness for my husband.

When I sit and reflect what I have eaten (I mean, drank) over the last two days I feel very good about myself.  I've never consumed this many fruits and vegetables in one day.  The whole purpose of a juice cleanse is to get micronutrients and vitamins into your body to detox your system.  This type of cleanse can help you get healthier or rid yourself of certain ailments, etc.

Now for today's juices...

Breakfast Juice
1/2 Pomegranate
1/2 Kiwi
1 Red Apple
5 Strawberries
3 Carrots

Fruit for 2 juices



As always, a deliciously fruity juice.  This combination made for a very sweet drink, though.  I think next time I would add some kale or spinach to cut through the sweetness.

For lunch and dinner, I made the Mean Green Juice from my previous posts, but included spinach to make it super healthy.

Comments

Popular Posts