My Plexus Journey - Week 1



Partly because of my skepticism and partly because I have a horrible memory, I’ve decided to create a journal of my Plexus journey.  I know a lot of people wonder about its effectiveness and how quickly they will see results, so the best way to actually convey the answers to those questions is to keep a log, right?  Right!


So, first thing you should know is – what products did I order?

I decided to go with the Plexus TriPlex and the Plexus XFactor Plus Multivitamin because it works to provide overall health by promoting good bacteria and eliminating bad bacteria in your small and large intestines.  The benefits of having a healthy microbiome are outlined in this Huffington Post article.


Here’s a rundown of the products included in the Plexus TriPlex:
  • Plexus Slim:  This product is a mood-booster, for sure (unless that was just the placebo effect working on me).  It is a prebiotic and promotes the growth of good bacteria in your intestines. It also helps you lose weight by staving off hunger and cravings.
  • BioCleanse:  This product helps remove bad microbes and bacteria and flushes out your system.  I know it looks like a laxative, but it’s not.  I have had no adverse toilet reactions since introducing BioCleanse into my daily repertoire.
  • ProBio 5:  This is a probiotic and helps balance the intestinal yeast and support digestion.  I’m also told that it helps you sleep more soundly (it’s recommended that you take it right before bed).  I’m too new to this product to be able to confirm or deny that fact for myself - but I do think I noticed that I felt more well-rested when I woke up this morning.  Again, could be the placebo effect.
As for the reason I decided to purchase the multivitamin?  Plexus adds aloe to their multivitamin, which helps your body absorb nutrients from the vitamin, as well as from the rest of the food you consume throughout the day.

Week 1 Results:

Mood / Energy:  By Day 2 I saw a huge improvement in my energy/mood.  I have recently found myself feeling unmotivated to complete simple household tasks, such as cleaning or cooking.  By Day 2, I was back to my old self – cleaning the house, baking pies and cookies.  It was insane.  By Day 5, I eliminated coffee from my daily routine.  In fact, I could have eliminated on Days 3 & 4, if it weren’t for the caffeine headache I was getting from the sudden elimination.  It was insane!  I felt like a new person!  My energy and mood did seem to lag on Days 5 & 6, but I think that is to be blamed on the Candida Die Off (see below).

Weight:  Samesies.  In Plexus’ defense, though, I didn’t diet.  Nor did I exercise.  I did nothing that would contribute to a weight loss.  I attended barbeques, ate sweets, and just completely ignored the fact that I should be using this boost in energy for a greater good.  Perhaps I will try to work on this part in the coming weeks.  But, also, perhaps not.  I did notice that I wasn't as hungry as I normally am, though, so I do think it was doing SOMETHING.

Stomach Issues:  I didn't have any notable stomach issues during my week using TriPlex.  I'm someone who has experienced symptoms of IBS in the past (never been formally diagnosed) and didn't experience any significant stomach pain during Days 1-7.  

Candida Die Off Symptoms:  Have you heard of this?  It’s your body’s reaction to introducing certain probiotics to your diet.  You experience cold or allergy-like symptoms, including fog brain, blocked sinuses, nausea, etc.  Here’s an article to read up on if you decide to start using Plexus - it goes over what to expect if you experience Candida Die Off.  On Days 5 & 6, I experienced fog brain, big time - and also had sinus pressure on Day 6.  I was told that I could take Emergen-C or some other large dose of Vitamin C to help with the symptoms  (i.e., treat Candida die-off like the common cold).  It did help to take the Vitamin C, but it wasn't an all day solution for my clouded brain.  This wasn't bad enough to make me want to stop the process - so I'm going to power through it.  Day 7 seems to be going okay.

Week 1 Conclusion:

Because the program has you slowly transition onto all of the products, I know I'm not seeing the full benefits of what Plexus can do for me.  I'm happy with how quickly I saw results, but I'm still excited to see what other changes it will make to my body/ functionality. 

Comments

Popular Posts