Backyard BBQ Wedding Reception

My husband and I got married in Mexico 8 months ago.  It was the wedding of my dreams - only 35 people attended my beach ceremony.  And the pictures were to die for.


Unfortunately, my parents and in-laws insisted that we still have a party at home.  Neither me nor my husband cared about having something in the area, but it wasn't really an option to say no.  Therefore, we all compromised and agreed to have an inexpensive backyard BBQ.  I immediately volunteered to be the one in charge of decor because I wanted to make sure that it was, at least, a nice BBQ.

1.  We rented a white tent, six 8-foot tables, and 50 folding chairs.

2. To decorate the tables, we used white cloth tablecloths and I made burlap table runners (I purchased 9 yards of burlap from Joann Fabrics).




3. Centerpieces - I purchased 6 glass vases from Hobby Lobby for the center of the tables.  I filled the vases with water, sliced lemons, and baby's breath (purchased from Jewel).


In addition to the above centerpieces, I purchased 12 mason jars (Jewel) for additional flower arrangements.  I put two on each table with water and purple pom-pom flowers (Jewel).


In between each of the larger vases, I placed glass votive candle holders (Hobby Lobby) with purple glass beads (Joann Fabrics) and white votive candles (two 20-packs purchased from Hobby Lobby).



4.  Food Labels - I made food labels out of tent cards (Hobby Lobby), ribbon (Hobby Lobby), and Buttons (Hobby Lobby and Joann Fabrics).



5. Picture Table - since a lot of the BBQ attendees didn't attend our actual wedding, I decorated one of the tables with the gift bags we handed out in Mexico, the wedding program, the maracas we gave as wedding favors, as well as some photos and photobooks with pictures from the wedding.



6.  Cupcake Display - I purchased a cardboard cupcake holder from the Wilton Store by my house and decorated it with the same ribbon and buttons that I used for the food labels.



Comments

Popular Posts